Saturday, July 16, 2005

Another rushed post

One month left of training. Then … prepared or not … I’ll be on my way to a village to teach some English and help develop the community. The days are flying by. Tomorrow I begin practice teaching. I’ll have 15 students, under the age of 15, who will be coming to my class during their summer vacation to learn English. More than 60 students signed up for mine and my sitemates’ classes. And even after registration was over, students were knocking on our doors to get into the classes. It’s nice to know they’re eager to learn. Although, we’ve been told by the third week we’ll be lucky to have five students still hanging around.

Since I last posted, we’ve celebrated Mongolia’s summer holiday, Naadam. I wrote a huge description of the celebration, but you’ll have to wait until I find a computer that accepts my USB drive before you can read it. Short description: lots of wrestling between men in fancy underwear. I have pictures.

What’s the weather like? Very hot. During the past week it’s held at a stead 90 degrees or so. And there’s no shade anywhere. Honestly, I have a better tan now than I ever did in Costa Rica. Although, I admit, it could be dirt. I only get to the shower once or twice a week.

I added a photo album link to the left. I hope it works. I think the pictures are a little dark. I’ll try to fix everything when training is over. I've been here for two hours and the computer has died on me 4 times. I tried to e-mail people, but gave up. Will, Travis, Katie, Liz, Ross and family, thanks for the e-mails. I promise I'll reply.
Hope all is well. Keep in touch! I love reading your comments. Christy, I'm glad you finally found the site! It's good to hear from you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny,
You look so fashionable in your farm wear! It's nice to see you looking healthy and smiling. I can't wait to hear about the guys in the underwear! haha

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny,

You sound great. It seems the Mongolians are treating you well. Keep up the good fight.

ITs cool you get to have weather like LA, but without the beach.

Anonymous said...

I thought Mongolia was cold?

Good Lord, I'm confused.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing you milk that cow. That made my day today. Looks like you're having fun.

You aren't missing much at the Journal ... Sarah Minges has also left (for the FIndlay newspaper) and the new guy Zach now keeps your seat warm.

Anonymous said...

JENNY??? WHERE ARE YOU??? ARE YOU OK? There hasn't been a blog post since July 16. I'm scared.. WRITE TO THE MOJO WORKERS!