Friday, June 03, 2005

... the break of dawn

The day has come. In two hours I'll be on my way to the aiport. Then it begins. Three days of staging or orientation, then a terribly long flight to Asia until I reach Mongolia.
Excited? Yes.
Nervous? Yes.
Sick? Yes. Not from excitement or nerves though. Unfortunately, Ohio decided to give me a going away present. I've come down with either a head cold or really bad allergies. Passengers in the plane are going to love me.
But I've finished packing my 100 pounds of luggage. Drove my car for the last time. Ate my last bowl of chips and salsa. And the hardest part yet, said good bye to all my amazing friends, who have been so supportive. Thanks for the greatest monthlong farewell ever. I almost gave Cher a run for her money.
All that's left now is a good bye to the family and to step on the plane. The latter I'm ready for. The former ... a little more difficult. But after a four-hour in-flight nap, I'll wake up to a whole new world.
Until then ...

No comments: